Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Preggo Obsessions

I don't know if it's just me, but when I am pregnant I get obsessed with certain....things, products, items.  I think it has to do with the fact that I get so limited in the things I can do that I look for comfort in new and different ways.  I wonder if other mommies-to-be do this......

Here is just a sampling of the things I am in love with

1.  Bath and Body Works-As I started to make my list this darn store came up numerous times:)  So I am just going to combine it all into one.  I love, love, love their lotions.  Now, I should probably be using some special no stretch mark lotion that you apply 5 times a day, but I think I am in denial about how bad those darn things are going to get.  So, I just use my delicious lotions.  Oh, they are soooo yummy.  Plus they also go along with one of my other favorites-their shower cream.  Now, their shower gel is good too, but the cream-you feel like you just bathed in lotion.  In every single pregnancy I have had, I have dealt with skin issues.  To start with I have really sensitive skin, it goes over the top when I am with baby.  So, it is always great when I find something that helps keep me moisturized.  They also have the most wonderful shampoo and conditioners.  Now, if they could only make a whole line in the same scent.....then I would be in heaven.  One more thing I am in love with?  Their wallflowers.  This entire pregnancy I have been super sensitive to smells.  So, their wallflowers have really saved me!!!  And they smell AMAZING! Try them!  (I should send this darn blog to Bath and Body Works-see if I can't get some free stuff!!:))

2. Nightgowns-Honestly, if I could wear these things every day, all day long....well I would.  But, running to Cub in a nightgown, it may be frowned on. And if I dropped the girls off at school in my nightgown....their teachers may sit me down and check me over before they let me leave.  But, oh my gosh, what a wonderful creation.  No waist band on my belly, they keep me cool, and I can get comfortable way faster in one of those versus shorts. 

3. My bellyband-I am calling it a belly band, like the ones they sell in Motherhood Maternity.  But, its not.  My physical therapist gave it to me.  It actually kind of looks like a torture device.  There are metal loops on each side-that dig into my hips.  And pieces of velcro that are always getting caught on me and my undies and my clothes.  But, I seriously don't know what I would do without that darn thing. I keep it on my bench at the end of my bed, so I can put it on immediately upon waking up.  Otherwise, I swear to god, these boys are trying to fall right out of me.  That's right-I said they want to fall out of me.  And that is a medical problem.  I know this for sure because I am a nurse, so don't you question me:)

4.  V-8 Fusion.  Seriously, you have to try this stuff!  It is a juice made by V-8 that has servings of fruits and veggies in one glass.  And it is really, really delicious.  I started obsessing over this stuff when I was first pregnant and was having problems keeping food down. I started drinking this stuff every day to try and get as any good vitamins and minerals into my body as possible in the little bit of food I was able to keep down.

5. TUMS-Can you say heartburn?  Ugh.  The one downside to my "belly band" is that it pushes everything up, including my actual stomach.  So, heartburn and I have been battling for about a month now.  Thank the stars for tums.  I really don't know what I would do without them.  And just for note, they have to be the real deal tums.  No going generic in this category.  I am always buying generic, don't get me wrong-but not here.  They are not the same.  Trust me.

6.  Air Conditioning-Joe can attest to this.  He tells everyone the one good thing about me being preggo is that he can keep the house as cold as he would like and I don't complain.  If I am not pregnant, I am constantly turning it up on him.  I want to be able to wear shorts and dresses and not get goose bumps.  But, when I am pregnant I am constantly hot and uncomfortable.  As a kid we lived in a 2nd story duplex with no air.  We lived at the neighborhood pool because of this.  But, also I can take the heat.  Not, when I am pregnant though.  Crank that stuff up.  Point the vents on me.  And get out of my way. 

Now, there are few of my favorites that I have mentioned before-shutterfly, bejeweled, cragislist.....all things that I need to use/view in a day to feel complete:) But, there it is-some of the wonderful things that I have used to bring pleasure into my life.  I am hoping that by the end of this weekend I will have pictures of the completed nursery that I can post for you.....this is another one of the things that I am in love with!  Now, only if I can talk Joe into hanging up the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment