Thursday, June 30, 2011

Quick Update

So, I haven't blogged in a while.  Like I said earlier, I have a couple of other blogs that I have started but just haven't felt comfortable with how they are right now so  I am waiting to tweak them before I post them.  But, I thought I would put out a update.  I have another ultrasound and appointment with my doctors today.  So, hopefully we will get another answer of two boys!:)  I think if we get that we I will feel comfortable starting to wash all the new clothes and getting that stuff organized.  Plus, I have to order their special baby blankets. With each kid I have bought them a super soft and sweet Lil Giraffe blanket.  For both the girls they have ended up their "favorite" blankies.  But, those darn things are cheap and I have put off buying them for the boys til I knew for sure that they were just that-boys!

Also, this big appointment will probably determine what my fate is regarding work and activity level.  At my last appointment there was some discussion of me returning to work.  I was a little concerned but thought that I would start to increase my activity and lifting and what-not.  I spoke with my physical therapist about this and she told me to take it slow and easy.  Which I tried.....and it pretty much went horribly.  The more activity I did the more contractions I had and the stronger they were.  Also, developed alot of pelvic pressure and back pain, which after doing some research on pre-term labors are all bad signs.  I have a feeling today that we will progress towards bedrest or some type of modification of that.  It doesn't really matter what they call it because Joe has already put me on lock-down.  He's even told Grace to question me when I am doing....well, anything.  Which is is LOVING.  She gets to boss around mom?  She was all over that! And she's done a great job of it. 

Other updates of our family-

Joey got to buy a "new" truck.  With the babies coming our poor, little Malibu just isn't going to cut it anymore.  My poor boo.  I bought her way back before Joey and I got married, but it's time to move on.  And Joe is in truck heaven!  We bought a Suburban, man that thing is HUGE!  Enough room for all of us and two strollers, plus more. It will be a great truck for hauling the kids around, especially in the winter.

Grace has started "summer" school.  Still at St. Jeromes, but it is a much more laid-back environment, with lots of fun activities and field trips.  She gets to bring her bike to school once a week and has already gone to Chuck E Cheese and had a reptile man visit her at school.  She is still in her "Hot Shots" gymnastics class and loving it.  She is soo strong-she can already do THREE chin-ups....this momma can't even do one.  Probably why I am so darn impressed!:)

Megan, oh my sweet Meggie.  She is at her last day of Susie's house.  Susie is our wonderful daycare provider.  We were hoping to send the baby there, yes I said baby, because she could only handle the influx of one more baby and with it being twins we have to figure out other childcare (or more like figure out how mom is going to work and not sleep so much!).  So, today is it.  And in two weeks she gets to start "school".  She will be going with Grace.  Oh my, they are both so excited.  Megs to start school, Grace to get to tell her what to do and when to do it!  And she turns 3 next week. My, time has flown.  She seriously is my baby any more....she's a "big, potty-trained girl" as she told Joe this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment