Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stuff, Stuff, and more Stuff

Now that we know that we are having two boys Joe has gone into re-arranging mode.  If you know us, you know that we have stuff.  Alot of stuff.  It's a by-product of his job.  He brings stuff home.  All the time.  For example-the other day Grace asked me "why does daddy have two motorcycle helmets in the garage?"  Such a good question!  It's because we have stuff.  We have a house that can withstand the influx of two new people, even two babies with all the crap that comes with them.  When I say can, I actually mean should be able to.  Because we are full.  We don't have an empty bedroom just waiting for these bundles of joy to take over.   Oh no, their room is full of stuff.  Joe's stuff to be exact.  His stuff has been in the extra bedroom upstairs, while my stuff has been in the basement.  It's like having two walk-in closets!:)  Well, now we have to combine all of this stuff into the basement.  It is going to be interesting, that is for sure.  We started bagging up clothes to get rid of yesterday and Joe started moving furniture out of the basement to try and figure how he is going to configure the space to fit all of our stuff.  Side note-Joe is not so willing to get rid of stuff and he keeps coming up with great ideas of things I should get rid of.  I am trying to remain patient with him, but seriously. 

My problem with this whole situation is we are getting rid of stuff.  To replace it with  MORE baby and kid stuff.  What were we thinking? We like our stuff.  We don't wanna sort through it and decide if we should keep it or toss it.  And I am not going to lie, as I emptied out a dresser in our bedroom to give to Joe  (do you know how many clothes I can fit in one dresser!) I kept finding little, dinky kid toys laying around.  Under my bed, on my night stand, what have you.  And I threw them away.  Out of spite.   I know, bad mom here.  But, they have taken over our entire house.  We used to have beautiful Japanese vases and artwork, glass tables and candles everywhere.  Now, its princesses and barbies and dress-up stuff and a play kitchen.  Our house is not really ours any more, we just pay for it.   They have taken it over.  And we decided to have two more kids?  Seriously?  More stuff, more kid stuff.  And now it's two boys so we have to find room for blue stuff. Ugh.  This makes me sound like a selfish brat.  I am okay with that.  I have given away bags and bags of clothes, there will be more to go. I have to give away shoes...SHOES!  I will go through my books and weed out the ones that I can live without.  So, I have earned the right to be bratty!  Because at the end of the day, they will have the run of our house with our blessing.  We usually love and embrace every moment of being ran over....but, they better hope they don't leave any little dinky McDonald toys in my path while I give MY stuff away otherwise they will be joining me in this pain of purging!

No comments:

Post a Comment