Saturday, May 28, 2011

The BIG baby reveal!

I had my ultrasound on Thursday. The very first thing I did was explain to the tech what we were trying to do with finding out the sexes of the babies and how I really, really wanted to keep it a secret-even from myself until the big reveal. Everything went beautifully.  The babies looked great, one weighed in at 8 ounces and the other at 9 ounces. And, the tech was great, she wouldn't answer any question that even came close to revealing the big news.  She was smart and even folded the paper in half, put it in the envelope and sealed it shut. (I know this because I tried to hold it up to the light).  Annie was with me and as soon as we were done we went straight to the bakery.  Before I even started to explain what I wanted I handed the lady the envelope, she looked at me kind of bewildered, but once I told her what we were doing, she got it:)  Everyone was so surprised that I didn't find out.  So much so that Joe told his cousins that he would know that night what we were having.  Haha, I proved him wrong!  They all had to wait just one more day with the rest of us. 

Poor Mike and Molly volunteered to pick the cakes up on they way over.  I can't imagine how they restrained themselves from sticking a finger in the center of the cake to cheat and know the results. Especially since Molls used to work at the bakery and has knowledge in cake repair:)  Could they be any cuter?!?!?
I made everyone suffer through dinner and then it was time! We had decided we would let each girl cut one cake, so of course Grace went first. 

AND, IT'S A..........................

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Everyone was so shocked!  Joey made a boy!  YAY!  Then, it was Megan's turn.....


IS IT PINK OR BLUE???!?!?!!!???

Another boy!  OMG!  Two boys!?!?!  I think every, single person in the room was shocked.  The people who had guessed two boys had done so more with the hopes that maybe we would have one!  Joey and I looked and each other and just shook our heads.  We were totally blown away!  But, the person most moved by the reveal was Grace.....

She wasn't so happy with the fact that there was only boys in my belly.  She had been hoping for two more sisters and everyone's excited and happiness made it only worse for my poor emotional girl.  No worries though, we have talked her into the fact that it is actually better for her!:)  We appealed to the selfish streak in all five year olds-such as you won't have to worry about sharing a room now and you're the only girls out of all the cousins on this side of the family.  She decided she was definitely okay not sharing "girl stuff" with any other kids.  

So, there you have it. We are having two boys.  We were both pretty shocked.  I think as I am adjusting to it a little bit more that I was hoping for girls because the two that I have are so awesome and amazing that I just wanted more adorable little girls to see that awesomeness again.  I have adjusted to the fact my boys will just have to be awesome now too!  It didn't hurt that I went shopping today and bought all sorts of adorable little boy outfits and blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment